So as 2018 comes to a close I’d feel good in the fact that I managed to achieve at least a handful of the goals I set for the month. This is the first time I have done this, being more goals rather than task focused, and I feel like it has been a success. It’s also the first time I have stated my goals publicly. It give a sense of accountability which makes me even more determined to achieve which I guess is the point!
December was an odd month to start this kind of thing given the boozing and partying; a time where that was bound to happen but I didn’t want to wait till the new year. If I could achieve something this month the other 11 months of the year would be a breeze right?
I’d like to push this blog category out to include 6 month, 12 month and 5 year goals to really focus on the kind of results I’m looking to achieve during these time periods.
I haven’t been as productive as I’d like to this month but hopefully next month will be an improvement. I’ve simplified my Calendar into essentially two broad categories; work 16 hours, and sleep 8 hours. See screenshot below:
This might seem a little extreme but its a good reminder for me that essentially, if I’m not doing something social, spending time with girlfriend or training I should be working on something productive during this ‘work’ time.
Right onto my goals results:
- I will have easily and effortless made a minimum of 176 prospecting calls by the 21st of December 2018.
I achieved this with a total of 196 outgoing ‘actions’ completed for the month. I realised that tracking just phone calls isn’t the best metric as there are other tasks which can contribute to a good result. For the month of January I will work on pushing this figure up
- I will have easily and effortlessly made 3 sales through my Amazon Associates account by the 30th of Dec 2018.
Result: NOT ACHIEVED
This goal was stupid. I quickly realised that getting sales was not the problem, its driving traffic. This year I’m going to focus more on content creation and marketing which should in turn make this goal possible.
- I will have easily and effortlessly transferred my prospect_work_list spreadsheet to salesforce by the 31st of December 2018.
It was good to get this done and off my back, I can now look forward to more productive prospecting techniques and actions.
- I will have easily and effortlessly starting working through the blog post ‘Double Your Traffic in 30 Days’ and completed 10 of the total 30 before the end the 31st of December 2018.
Once again another stupid goal that was too intangible, but I did achieve it. When it comes to implementing the kind of techniques that are outlined in the post much more focus and time is required.
- I will have easily and effortlessly completed 10 training sessions from Bigger, Leaner, Stronger buy the 31st of December 2018.
It feels good to be back in the gym again and now I have momentum into 2019 I’m going to keep it up. Want to add Jujitsu once a week to my training program for January
With four out of 5 goals achieved I think I’m off to a good start. I also learnt some very good lessons when it comes to goal setting also.
Now it’s time to refocus for the month ahead, and I will do so with a post outlining my goals for January.